Tuesday, April 14, 2009




Hot at 9 am and when Jesse's out of the shower we'll be off to the Mohammed Ali Mosque and the Citadel.
Last night I was having such a good time I had a "raki" and two Stella beers before winding down at almost two. This morning the flies and the car horns and peoples voices woke me before eight and finally by nine we arose to the day, muggy, air cloudy and another Cairo morning. Sure to be as good as the night before. Now if I could only get some fruits and vegetables into my system, I really miss my California food at home. Tonight we head south to Aswan, Abu Simbel and a felucca ride to Luxor. Then one more day here and Jesse heads back to New York. I head east but days ago already I wished I had made another day or two here alone. Next time I'll come for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment